Wednesday, March 28, 2018

The Easter Egg Gift by Shannon Mints



It was the week before IF:TCAL 2018.  I was praying for our women as they would begin to discover who they were in Christ and what individual spiritual gifts they each had.  I had been praying about what it would look like for us as women to truly walk in the gifts He had given each of us.

As I was praying, the Lord took me back to what it was like taking my children on Easter egg hunts.  Honestly He caught me completely off guard. Easter egg hunts? Lord, it's like February.  What does an Easter egg hunt have to do with spiritual gifts? Little did I know all He would begin to show me.

One of the things I remember most about Easter as a child was dying the eggs and getting excited about the annual Easter egg hunt.  Oh what treasures would I find inside each egg??!! Would it be candy? Would it be coins? Selfishly I'd wonder how many eggs I would get and if it would be just as much as everyone else?

As I became a parent it was so much fun creating these same memories with my own children.  Oh to see the excitement in their eyes as they anticipated hunting Easter eggs and what treasures they would find inside! I remember what it was like holding their hand trying to help them walk and carry their basket while at the same time pick up their eggs so they wouldn't get trampled over by the bigger children.  I remember putting eggs in their basket I'd find as well so they would get plenty and not end up with just one or two.

 

As I looked back on this time the Lord began to open my eyes to so many promises He has for us.

Shannon, I want you to see those eggs as the gifts I have given you, the gifts I have given each of the women.  Those are from me.  They are gifts given to you for you to use for me.  I have given you everything you need for this journey.  Just as you held your child's hand and helped them along the way to find these gifts, I'm doing the same for you.

So do not fear — for I am with you; do not be dismayed — for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with My righteous right hand!"  Isaiah 41:10 

Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the LORD holds them by the hand.
Psalm 37:24

What a precious promise to us as His children who fear we are on this journey alone! 

But wait....there's more! 

Remember what it was like to sit down at the end of the hunt and open your eggs and see what treasures you'd found...to share them with others around you as well as see what treasures they had found?

Shannon, that is what this journey is all about!! I'm not only holding you by your hand through this journey as you carry the gifts I've given you, I want you to share those gifts with those around you as well as celebrate the gifts I've given to them that you may not have received!

Some of you received some of the same gifts, enjoy them together!! Just because they came in a different color egg doesn't mean it's worth any less than your gift! Just because their egg is more shiny than yours or without cracks doesn't disqualify your gift or make it any less!! 


 






Everything in your basket came from the Father to you!! He loves you just the way you are! He knew exactly what gifts would glorify Him the most in your life which is why He entrusted them to you! Take some time to open up each one and let Him show you how He wants you to use it.  Take some time to sit down with someone else and see what gifts they have as well.

Easter is the day when we celebrate Jesus Christ rising from the dead. Jesus is the Son of God and heroically gave His life to die for our sins. On the third day after He died -- the day we now celebrate as Easter Sunday -- His friends went to His grave, and found that He had risen from the dead. They saw an angel who told them, "Don't be afraid! I know you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. He isn't here! He has been raised from the dead, just as He said it would happen."

Jesus rose from the dead on Easter Sunday.  Now He offers to you the gift of eternal life and forgiveness of sins. This is the true story of Easter, and how it can change your life. .
Oh precious friend, what comfort is here! We have so much to celebrate this Easter.









No comments:

Post a Comment