Wednesday, February 22, 2017

The Table

THE TABLE


I love it when I can prepare a meal for my family and we gather at the table. It does something to my mama’s heart to see all my children safe and my husband praying over our lives.  When one of us can’t be at the table, it’s never the same. Yes, we eat our food and go about our conversation in the same way, but we all know there’s someone missing. 

“You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil: my cup overflows.”
Psalms 23:5

I always wondered what “in the presence of my enemies” meant when I was younger. I thought a meal with the mean boy on the playground wouldn’t be very fun. But as I studied the scripture, I’ve realized that Jesus is telling us that He has prepared a place for ALL of us at HIS table.  It doesn’t matter who you are, or what you’ve done, or even how you feel at the moment. His table is like no other. He will offer you a feast of His love, goodness, mercy, and all the fruits of the spirit as you live your life with Him. He says that He will do this in the midst of the enemy.  He knows He has victory over the enemy and He says to you, “Come sit and relax at my table”, “The war has already been won”.  He promises that at His table your cup will overflow.  

Here’s the kicker, you have to choose to come to the table. The place is set, the feast is ready, and the beautiful offerings have your name written on them.

Will you come?

Earlier in Psalms 23, verses 3-4 says, “He restores my soul and He guides me to paths of righteousness for His name’s sake”.   He is asking you to be obedient and follow Him. We are His daughters and He knows when you are missing from the table. It grieves His heart because he wants you there with Him, just as we want those we love around us. He has designed us to be with others that love Jesus. We are never alone at God’s table.

There are lots of things that can keep us from God’s table; our schedules, our thoughts, hurts in relationships, fear of being hurt again, pride, or even our mis-managed time. Although people may hurt or disappoint us, it does not change the promise of the overflowing cup that Jesus is handing to us at His table. 

If you haven’t left your seat at the table - enjoy your time today with your Heavenly Father. If you have gotten up - He is inviting you back to sit with Him.  Pull up a chair and have a simple conversation with Jesus throughout your day today.  He knows you’re coming and your place has been set.

                             


IF: TCAL

        March 3, 4

Let us prepare your place at the TABLE


Register here

No comments:

Post a Comment